Background

Monday, January 22, 2018

New York City Birthday Day 3

Day three of my New York City birthday was a little more low-key. I enjoyed each day for different reasons. Day one was all about learning and seeing as much as possible. Day two was all about my birthday and the parade and the Rockettes and day three was about stepping outside of the concrete jungle and into Central Park. We escaped  just outside The Big City and I felt like I could breathe.
This sign was across the street from our hotel.
 I needed to get the obligatory Time Square selfie.
 One of my besties, Diana, bought me the first season of Game of Thrones for Christmas in 2015. Sadly, it sat and collected dust on my dresser for a year and a half. Out of boredom one night, I decided to watch the first episode. I wasn't exactly "hooked', but I was curious. So, I hesitantly continued to watch. The more I watched, the more enthralled I became! Now, I can't believe I waited so long to devour and digest the story.
 So when we walked past the HBO building on our way to the New York City Library and I saw this window display, I had to take a few photos.
This is just outside the New York City Library. Inside, the original Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals that inspired A.A. Milne's stories about the silly 'ole bear and friends, live inside a class cage in the children's section. Many a movie were filmed in one of the study rooms. The library itself is huge and old and really, really beautiful.
 The Chrysler Building
 My mom and I took a long walk through Central Park. It was such a contrast after spending two days amid the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. Since it was fall, we were enveloped in gold, orange and red colors. Very impressive.

This is the Alice in Wonderland statue. It was my goal to see it. The story is near and dear to me and has been one of my favorites since I was a little girl. I first saw the statue in the movie, Remember Me (2010). Luckily, we entered the park not too far from the statue.

I don't know what this area is called, but I swear, I've seen it in movies. Speaking of which. Not pictured, my mom and I walked down that iconic walkway that is in every movie ever made. The one lined with park benches and trees canopy over them. Stunning.
 Standing in front of the mothership. Just before this photo was snapped, I peed on the Trump Tower building which is next door. Well, technically, I peed in the bathroom, but in spirit, I peed on the building. I couldn't do it outside the front door, because there was a security man with a giant gun. Lame. I really wanted to eat at Serendipity, however, the wait was over an hour and half long and we didn't have that kind of time. We ended up going to Bloomingdales and eating at a crazy delicious burger restaurant called, Flip.

All in all, the weekend was one of the funnest times I've had. We can't wait to go back and see more because it just can't be done in three days.

Susan "Curiouser And Curiouser" B.


No comments: