Background

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Helen

A letter to someone you barely know who has impacted you in some way.

This is so difficult. Writing everyday. I have really enjoyed this challenge but there have been moments where I just don't want to think about it or I get too tired to bust it out. Anyway, I racked my brain for more than an hour with this one, but I know who I want to write to. The thing is, I know her more than "barely". However, I haven't see her since I went to London to walk with my graduating class.


Dear Helen,

You were an answer to my prayers. I felt very alone and scared when I first lived in London and when I first went to the Hyde Park ward. I didn't know anyone. I really wanted to feel accepted and needed but it just seemed like no one really knew anyone since the ward was so transient.

It's been five years since we met and I felt an instant connection with you. You were like this instant friend to me. You understood me. You opened up your home to me and made me feel okay about the flaws that I have. When I moved back to the U.S., I was heart broken. I was heart broken over leaving London and I was heart broken leaving such a great friend like you.

Being around you a Tim made me feel hopeful. The love and respect that you two have for each other is so evident. I hope that I find someone who looks at me, the way Tim looks at you. I'm so happy for the both of you and your cute, growing family. I don't think I can fully express how grateful I am to have met you. I often think of the next time we will see each other in person. No matter where you live in the world, I will visit you. I don't want the last time that I saw you, to be the last time that I ever see you again.

I miss you terribly,

Susan

Susan "From The Other Side Of THe Pond" B.

No comments: