Background

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome to my blog

Hello blogging world! I've decided to show up for the party. I like to be last to do things, that way I have people to help me figure everything out. I have always wanted to have a blog. I enjoy writing alot. I was holding on to insecurities though, such as, 'I don't have a family to show off on a blog' or 'I don't know what to write' or 'I'm not that interesting'. I have swept those pesky insecurities under the rug!



For my first post, I kept putting it off. I thought I should pick the perfect day, like the first of the month or on a holiday. I think it was just my way of putting things off. I also wanted to pick the right topic to post about. Here it is. Topic: My blog. I do feel like, to do this post justice, I need to include a picture. Lucky for me, I have one.


That's me. This picture was taken by camilleannphotography. We had taken a few shots before this and Camille asked me, "Can you still do a toe touch?" I hesitated. I was a cheerleader many moons ago. I hadn't stretched, I was wearing jeans. I had a cloud of doubt hanging over my head. I don't like someone or something to tell me what I can and can't do. So, I did it. The outcome is the image seen here. Yeah, I'm pretty awesome like that.


I decided that I want to sign each post the same way Barbara "the woman from Snopes.com" Mikkelson signs hers. Just in case you are wondering.


Susan "I hope I don't fail the blogging world" B.

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Yay for toe-touch and blogging!

Darlene said...

Yay for toe-touch and blogging!

Camille said...

OH Holla!!!! This blog better peak my interest or I'm out. hahaha just kidding!

Jamie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! I've been doing it for a little over 3 years and I will be posting my 500th post this week! Don't feel pressure, just post about what you want to, just be you!! GREAT picture, just the way I remember you!

Robin said...

Yeah for blogs! You'll do great, plus you'll get to post about all your fun times in LONDON! I love the picture by the way, well done on the toe touch!

Diana Wrinkle said...

Love your blog page!!! I'm soo very proud of you and especially proud to call you my friend! I'll miss you Busie!!! Now I'll have a way to catch up with you and your experiences while your away. I love you.