Background

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland Ballet

Ever since I was a little girl, my favorite Disney character has been Alice from Alice in Wonderland. When I was in the fourth grade I dressed as Alice for Halloween and then again when I was in high school and 3 more times as an adult. It's not just the blond hair that attracts me to Alice, nor the pinafore adorned dress. She's someone I can relate to. Not all of us aspire to be a princess. Now, I find myself wandering through a foreign world with professors as mad as the Hatter and the feeling of comfort that appears and disappears like the Cheshire cat. So I get her, Alice. Even more now as an adult then when I was a child. I have devoured this story in all it's forms. I've read the book not to mention every variation of written material, watched the countless versions of the movie adaptions, seen the play/musical, bought Cd's who's compilations were inspired by the story, watched the made for t.v. shows, and now, my latest, I have seen Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland the Ballet.

Shahida and I went to a performance at the Royal Opera House. It was magical! I think the perma-smile on my face was bigger than the Cheshire cat! It was so beautiful. The set, the props, the dancing-PERFECTION! I couldn't take pictures during the performance, but I got some off the web. I tried UBBER hard to upload two videos of the ballet, but it would not work. So you are going to have to watch them on You Tube.
Waiting for the show to start!
This is what the poster that I saw in the tube station looked like. I nearly flipped my lid when I saw it!
The view from our seats.
Ah, I love the Mad Hatter!!! He did a tap dance that was INCREDIBLE.
The Red Queen was SUPERB! Why do I always love the characters you are suppose to not like?
Yeah, the portrayal of the Cheshire Cat was amazing.
Susan "I'm late! For a very important date!" B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Amazing, amazing, amazing! I wish I could have been at that ballet! Great pictures!