Background

Friday, August 10, 2012

St. Paul's Cathedral

St. Paul's Cathedral has been standing for over 1400 years. Millions of Londoners and visitors have found sanctuary and attended services here throughout history and still today. I have been meaning to visit this place for months now and I finally got around to it today. It was a beautiful day out and since you can't take any pictures inside I have outside photos to prove that the sun shines every once in a while in this country.
 There he is in all his glory.

 Wendlock and Mandville outside.
 We begin the 528 steps up to the Golden Gallery to view all of London. We also had to walk down those steps.

 That building way out there is called 'The Shard'. It was built to look like a shard of glass.
 I spy, London bridge, Shakespeare's Globe and the Thames River.








 Great West Door.
 Great West Door.

 London street.



Susan "I'm on top of the world!" B.

No comments: