Background

Monday, November 12, 2012

The island of Delos

We visited the island of Delos, which is one of the most important mythological, historical and archaeological sites in Greece.
On the boat to the island.








 Biggest ant I ever saw!!!

 I spy a white snail.


 The Terrace of the Lions.

 Establishment of the Poseidoiasts.

 There use to be a lake here. That palm tree makes me happy.
 Sacred Way.
 Hanging out at the Temple of Isis.



 These steps lead to the highest point on the island. It takes about 15 minutes to hike up from the bottom.
 Almost there.

 Just a few more steps to go, but look at how far we came!
 Made it! At the top we had a picnic lunch and enjoyed the view.

 Just sitting on the edge of the world.
 Mosaics.
 We had to RUN to get back to the boat before it left. We barely made it!
 I hiked it all in my trusty flip-flops.


 Just hanging out with a pelican.


 Best OJ ever!


 This guy's name is Jonathan. He was the owner of the hotel that we stayed in. Such a nice guy, he gave us great advice and told us where to eat and what sites to see. When we left he said he was going to miss us. He had some great stories. On the first day, after we checked in, he took us to a local spot to eat and had lunch with us.
Susan "if I'm not on top of the world, I'm at the edge of it" B.

No comments: