Background

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Grilled Cheese And Sunshine

The weather has been so nice in London since I got back. I'm still wearing flip-flops! Any day in London that I get to wear flip flops is a good day. I've been trying to take advantage of my last semester here and seeing as much of London as I can. A couple of weeks ago, Shannon and I went to to the V&A late. The exhibitions were about destruction. Very interesting. On our walk there. the sunset was so beautiful!

 We found these crazy chairs to play in!



 Museum fun! 
 Borough Market is a hot London spot for foodies. It's always packed, there are plenty of different cheeses, specialty foods, and drink to taste and try plus really good prices on produce.
 About a year ago, some of the STABS (Study Abroad Students) kept raving about these grilled cheese sandwiches from Borough Market. I made it my life's mission to eat one. I had one failed attempt last summer when I couldn't find the grilled cheese guy, but this time I searched (in the pouring rain) and had an awkward conversation with a woman who knew very little English so we resorted to hand gestures. But she pointed me in the right direction and I found the queue for these Uh-mazing toasted sandwiches!
 Once I was in the right queue, the woman in front of me recognized my accent and asked where in the states I was from. She was from Denver and was visiting friends for the week. She used to live in London because of her husbands job and she came back for a quick girl's holiday. Sweet lady even let me stand under her umbrella. Everything I heard about these grilled cheese sandwiches was true! Toasted on Sourdough bread with bits of garlic and onion mixed in with the cheese. YUM! INCREDIBLE!
 I know I said London weather has been nice, but on the day we went to the market it rained, a lot, and we didn't have umbrellas. Luckily, the market is covered in most areas. Above is a shot of the newly built Shard building.
 Shannon and I found a place to stay out of the rain.
 So, I'm not a fan of taking pictures of food (unless it is cake) or seeing anyone else's picture of food. As a rule, there are three things that I will NOT 'like' on Facebook or Instagram: Food, Alcohol and work out regime. But this is a farmers market and there was a lot of really great colors so I took a few photos of my favorite things.


 Someday (soon, I hope) I will meet a boy and he will buy me roses as beautiful as the ones above.
 Then, that boy will ask me to marry him and I will choose Gerbera Daisies for our wedding flowers.
 Shannon ate an Ostrich burger. They also had Kangaroo burgers!!!
Next, we went to a great little chocolate shop and had a sample (or two).
 Wall of chocolate! Don't let the sign fool you. The wall was made of wood, which held the chocolate.


 I'm training to run the Tinker Bell 1/2 marathon in January. On one of my morning runs the weather was so beautiful I stopped and took a few photos.



Susan "Kangaroos Are Our Friend, Not Food" B.

No comments: