Background

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Troll Pelvic Bones

This semester is FLYING by! I can't believe I only have 5 weeks left of classes! Where did the time go? I have been busy with mid-term assignments and of course my senior project. Hence the reason for a slow blog season. I have been taking picture on my runs through Hyde Park. This is my favorite time of year in London. The trees are starting to turn golden and I love the changing colors.
 Alyssa and Duncan met me at Da Mario's for an early birthday dinner.  It was supposedly Princess Diana's favorite local pizzeria. I love Da Mario's pizza and pasta. It was great to catch up with Alyssa. We talked about how quickly my 2.5 years flew by!
 I run past this arch all the time but it caught my attention and I thought, "that looks like it could be a troll pelvis bone." I stopped running and snapped a photo. Far off in the distance is Kensington Palace. The Arch is by Henry Moore. It is six meters high and weighs 37 tons. It is made from seven traverstine stones from Northern Italy. It was presented to Kensington Garden by Henry Moore in 1980.
 See the bits of gold on the trees. There are also a ton of golden leaves on the path.
 I see these guys a lot when I'm out. Its all the Queens horses and all the Queens men. Just kidding. I bet she has a lot more than that. Its probably just some of them.
 They slow down traffic.
 I think they were on their way to rescue Humpty Dumpty.
 Union Jack at Buckingham Palace. 
 More golden leaves.

Successful selfie taken by Alyssa. I could never take a selfie that good.
Susan "It's my birthday month!" B.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Those trees are gorgeous!! And I want you to hijack one of those horses.