Background

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

Its that wonderful time of year. So many evenings I walk outside my flat and inhale deeply. I love the smell of winter, the aroma of fires in fireplaces and I let the cold air fill my lungs. November is my favorite month. With Christmas so close, mankind starts to show signs of compassion. This will sadly be my third Thanksgiving away from home but that is no excuse not to be thankful for the blessed life that I have! My first favorite holiday is of course, my BIRTHDAY! I love birthdays. Especially mine. But I enjoy celebrating others' birthday as well. Mostly because there is usually cake. I was always that kid at the party who would rather eat cake than play games. I still am.
 I had a GREAT birthday this year! I woke up early and met my good friend, Helen for a Starbucks breakfast. I got my complimentary Peppermint Hot Chocolate. The cold outside was biting so this was a great morning treat. I keep meaning to take a picture of Helen and I together (cause I like her so much!) but I keep forgetting! I will plan for it to happen within the next week. After breakfast, Helen gave me a birthday hair trim. She and her husband, Tim (who is also the bee's knees) have a great view of Central from their flat so for a couple of hours we gabbed like Dolly Parton and Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias while she did my hair and I watch the sun rise over London.
 Next, I went back home and threw on my running shoes!
There is nothing like a cold birthday run to remind you that you are alive.
 After brunch, a group of us went to see Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I loved it! I loved Jennifer Lawrence, she did an awesome job and JENA MALONE! WOW. She nailed the part of Johanna!
 The birthday girl, Shannon, Sammy and Justice.
 Next, we stopped and got cupcakes! I ate a tiny Red Velvet one and the one in the bag was vanilla and said 'Happy Birthday' on top. They are from LOLA, a little cupcake shop in High Street Kensington Underground Station. YUM!
 That night we went down the street to a great restaurant called The Diner. The food is American diner food. I've been there four times and I've never eaten anything I didn't like. Above is Shannon, Jonelle and Beckah.
 Justice, Sammy and the birthday girl.
 One of the employees that works there has become my 'friend'. I see her every time and she has recognized me. She came over and wished me happy birthday and she is one of the nicest people I've met. I think she has something to do with the banana split that showed up at the end of our meal. Everyone sang which was nice. But as you can see, we all ordered milkshakes and thought of eating ice cream made me a little ill. But I soldiered on and the six of us enjoyed that split. Then the bill the came and WE WERE CHARGED FOR IT! Lame.
 The Gang.
 After dinner, Justice and I fought the crowds at Winter Wonderland! I didn't get many pictures but it was such a great ending to such a wonderful birthday! I had so much fun!
 This years Christmas card. If you are looking at it, consider it sent to you! Merry Christmas!
YUM!
Susan "One year older and a little wiser" B.

No comments: