Background

Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Dream Marriage Proposal

I imagine a lot of girls dream about how they'll be proposed to (and maybe some guys will think of how they'll pop the question.) In quiet times I like to imagine how I'll be proposed to. Here is my dream proposal scenario:

On our first date, he'll take me to the beach for a bonfire. We'll make tin foil dinners (my favorite!) and I'll bring the s'mores for dessert. Our conversation will be light and easy; mostly we'll laugh. We'll find humor in our everyday lives and be completely enamored with each other's mundane daily activities. Conversation will flow and we'll welcome silence when it interrupts. There will be no pressure. The first thing the two of us fall in love with is the way the other laughs. This is just the beginning.


On the night he proposes, we'll be at the same beach having a bonfire with a few of our close friends. The guys will be in charge of the tin foil dinners and, of course, there will be s'mores for dessert. I'll have absolutely no idea of his intentions, but everyone else will be in on the secret. When the dinners are done cooking, my man will bring me one on a paper plate and set it in front of me. The crowd will get quiet and I won't notice one of our friends recording us.


He'll say something like, "It's a little hot, let me open it for you." and kneel down to open the foil. When he does, there will be a jewelery box instead of a steaming steak and potato dinner. He'll open it and tell me sweet things about how he wants to spend eternity with me. Finally he'll say, "Will you marry me?" I won't be able to speak right at first because of the joy caught in my throat. So, I'll swallow hard, look him in the eyes, and exclaim, "HELL YES!"


He'll slide the ring on my finger and in that moment-the moment I think is the most important-I'll realize that he could slide a twist tie on my finger and I would still be overcome with happiness. This is just the beginning.

Susan "A Girl Can Dream" B.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I better be invited to the second bonfire!!!

Ginger said...

Perfect!