Background

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Musicals and Museums

This semester is a bit busier than last. Also, it's been SUPER cold in this country so I try to stay in the warmth of any heated building I can find. I am such a California girl. All I want in life is a t-shirt, jeans, flip flop ensemble, but here in the U.K. I have to pile on the layers.

A quick update: I have been successful in run/walking the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk 2-3 times a week. The cold motivates me to go faster through the park. I just found a skate shop around the corner from where I live and I'm considering buying roller skates to tackle the 7 miles.

One of my favorite classes is Creative Writing. Last week, a majority of the students from class were gone on a Paris trip so my professor decided to hold class in the cafe at the V and A Museum. I love schooling in this country.
Muffins, scones, tea and discussions on Prose poetry. (hey, I just rhymed and I didn't mean to!)
I saw Matilda the musical. I L-O-V-E-D it! This was a feel-good show. I am always so amazed at how talented the children are. This was such a cute show, the set, the costumes, all of it was well designed and the story was brilliant.
One of my favorite musical numbers in the show is called 'Naughty'. Look it up on YouTube. It's a sweet little song that will make you smile.

Susan "sometimes you have to be a little naughty' B.

No comments: