Background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Windsor Castle

Last weekend I went to Windsor Castle. It's near Eton College. I didn't get to see the College, but the town was super cute! It was freezing last weekend and near and around the castle there was still a lot of snow. The Queen was not there for my visit. We just can't seem to get on the same schedule for some reason. Here are the highlights:



We had to hike up a hill to get to the castle, as one does.
Outside of the castle walls, I think one of those rooms is Rupunzles.
More exterior.
Here is the group of us that went.





I love Gargoyles.



How cute is that little crown on top of the lamp post?
Several times on my tour of the castle this little dog was randomly placed in the rooms. I'm not sure why. This particular one is in the gift shop. I set him out to take a picture because I couldn't take any inside the castle. I know the Queen loves her dogs and all...
Yes Please!!!

This is part of the town we were in.


From the bridge.

I fell in love with this little antique bookshop. I even bought Dickens' work for £10 in here!
A cupcake to round off the day.






Susan 'It was the best of time, it was the worst of times' B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait wait, you mean like Dicken's collected works?! if that's what you mean, i am ridiculously jealous.

Shahida

Sundbergs said...

Looks like a beautiful castle. I love looking at all of your pictures. I also got to meet your sweet sis in law and niece (doing girl scout cookies). Youy neice just loves you, but who wouldn't. Glas all is well in London also the pictures Betheny took of you wereso beautiful you looked hot. Hopefully we will see each other sometime soon