Background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lake District Getaway

 This past weekend, a bunch of us mid-singles got together for a fun weekend in the Lake District. It's pretty far from London and REALLY beautiful! You would not believe the colors! I'm not really a camping-kinda-girl, but we stayed in a bunk house and there was a bathroom with a shower just steps from where we stayed. Also there was a kitchen and a bbq outside that we took full advantage of. It was a great weekend.
Kerry-Anne and I just before our departure on the 6 hour drive.
Jacqui and Alyssa in the backseat.

 The night before we left I realized I would need a hat so at our first stop we found a WHSmith and all bought cute hats for our weekend.
 Cute stream at the campsite. Wayfarers off.
Wayfarers on. 
 These are actually weeds (I'm told), but I think they are so pretty.

 Tree shadow.



 Pretty toes!
 LOVE



 That's the bunk house in the background. I went on a hike with this group. It was so beautiful!

 A tiny island in the middle of the lake.
 Every time I see lambs, it reminds me of a Simpsons episode where the family goes to the petting zoo and  after spending the day bonding with all the baby lambs, Lisa decides to become a vegetarian. It's a great episode, one of my favorites. There were sheep and lambs everywhere so I had The Simpsons on my mind a lot!


 Part of the hike.
Sheep!






 Look at those colors! Crayola did not prepare me for this.




 I'm on top of the world!
 I love the way the water looks when the sun hits it. Like diamonds.

 What are you looking at?
 Have you ever seen a brown sheep!!! I haven't, but there it is!
 Dead sexy.




Susan "You can't make friends with salad" B.

1 comment:

TammyQ said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the lambs,so cute! Reminds me of when we were little. Do you remember? (;