Background

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Good-Bye London

My last semester at Richmond came to an end much faster than I wanted. My mom flew out to help me pack up and move back to the west coast. We played tourist for four days and it was nice to be able to say good-bye to all my favorite spots and to see the city one last time before I left. I spent a good portion of the weekend crying and fighting tears. London is my home. It has been for more than two years and I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have had the experience of living there. As much as I disliked the weather, I loved everything else. It wont be the last time I'm there. I will visit as often as life lets me.
 My last run through Hyde Park. I will miss the colors and vastness.

 On her first night, I took my mom to Winter Wonderland where we ate dinner and walked around.

 We went on a tour at The Tower of London and had lunch which is where I first had a good cry about leaving. I hadn't realized how much I would miss it until I had to say good-bye. My first visit to The Tower of London was on September 16, less than 1 month after I arrived the first time. It seemed appropriate to visit again before I left to bookend my time there.


 I showed my mom Richmond University on the hill and we went past Richmond Terrace.
 The weather was so beautiful that weekend. The sun came out and it was only a little chilly with no rain.
 We did a tour of Kensington Palace which I had been wanting to do all semester. I took a lot of pictures though out the Palace but I decided to only post a few. When I took the picture of my mom I was looking at the sun. That's why Queen Victoria does not have a head. OFF WITH HER HEAD!

 Inside you could put together a placard and present it to the chair and then when you sit down, the chair announces who you are. My mom's was: The Invincible Queen of the Castle. I was: The All-Powerful Princess of Everywhere. My photo was too blurry to post though. They give you a paper crown to wear during your tour. As if a paper crown would suffice for the All-Powerful Princess of Everywhere. Please.
 Listening to secrets of the Palace.
 So regal.
 We also toured Westminster Abbey and paid a visit to Big Ben.

 We walked along South Bank so my mom could see Cleopatra's Needle.
We went to Trafalgar Square to hear the carolers and they had put out memorials for Nelson Mandela in front of the fountains.

I'm back in the states and recovering from Christmas. I worked on my resume and have it all ready to send out to the masses in order to find a job. I'm ready to start working and be a big kid again. I will never forget my time spent in London and all the adventures I experienced. I have been so blessed and am grateful for the opportunity. I will always consider London my second home.

Susan "parting is such sweet sorrow" B.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I have been following your adventure and have enjoyed reading every post! I look forward to more adventures from you! Your pictures and stories of London at times made me feel like I was there! Thank you!

xoxo
Jamie

Susan Bergreen said...

Thanks Jamie! I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! My shenanigans aren't over yet! There are plenty more to come and I will be sure to blog about them wherever I end up living next.