Background

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Story of Coversion Part Two-The Wedding

Remember my friend Daniela from this post? Well, last summer she got engaged to the love of her life! I am thrilled that I was able to be a part of her special weekend. I flew out to Dallas the day after Christmas and from the moment I landed it was go time. I stayed at Daniela's house with her and her family. He mother is such a sweet and generous woman. I can see where Daniela gets her kindness from. I was given a warm welcome and practically pampered the rest of the weekend.
 After we had lunch, we headed to the Dallas Temple where Daniela went through for the first time. I heard a quote once that I'm going to paraphrase. It was something like, true conversion happens not at baptism but when the individual goes through the temple for the first time. I am so lucky that I got to witness Daniela's full conversion into the church. The picture above is of everyone who was there.
 The next day was the sealing. These two kids were meant for each other.
 Awe.
 The bride's parents were so proud.
 It was such a beautiful day in Dallas for a wedding.
 The grooms family.
 The grooms parents. I really enjoyed getting to know Blake's (groom) mother. Such a sweet lady.
 Groom and brides parents.
 Two families became one.
 The whole grooms family.
 The whole bride's family.
 I was so impressed with Daniela's grandmother. She is one awesome lady. On the morning of the wedding, she got up and went to a hot yoga class! Last year, she did this monstrous walk through Spain called the Camino which is like 500 miles long! On the morning that I left I said good-bye to her. She only speaks Spanish and I could only understand a little but during out good-bye I could tell she was expressing gratitude and love in the things that she said.
The boys, being boys.
The reception.
 Mmmmm. Red velvet wedding cake.
 There reception was at the Palace Arts Center next to the Palace Arts Theater. Inside, Elvis was strumming his guitar.

 This is the theater.
 Oh man. Main Street was so CUTE! It had such a small town feel with great old buildings and lots of Christmas decorations up. I was told more than once that it is the Christmas Capitol of Texas.
 I don't what this building is. It was across the street from the venue. Too cute.
 Water pumping windmill on Main Street.
Susan "hunka hunka burning love" B.

No comments: