Background

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Warsaw, Poland

I get Fall Break (like Spring Break in the fall), so I went on a school trip to Poland. Awesomeness dipped in cool sauce. I can now say that I have been to 3 countries (Mexico, England and Poland), I'm working my way around the world. We first stayed in Warsaw, I took close to 300 pictures during the week so I weeded through them and will only post the important ones.


We stayed in hostels. This is my (very orange) room that I shared with 2 girls from school. The name of the hostel was Okie Dokie.
My bed.
This is Polish money know as zloty. I was high rollin' in this country. Things are much cheaper in Poland.
We had a shared bathroom with pictures of naked kids painted on the walls.

Palace on the Water in Royal Baths Park

This is a bridge in the same park. The colors of Poland in fall are Uh-mazing!

Me, on a bench

A closer view of the Palace

This is a stage in the park where productions are still held

This is my boss/friend/Amiga/comrade/partner in crime, Heather. She is demonstrating her mad opera skills

Random peacocks roam the park

We were on a city tour and our guide pointed out that the scars in the walls are from Nazis shooting and killing people

This is old town, so pretty

Me in old town

This guy was in the middle of the square, he had a bird in a cage and was selling stuff.

This was a real person hanging out on the street. People would put money in that tin and he would ring a bell. My theory is, people were paying death to give them one more day to live. I walked on the other side of the street cause he freakin' scared me.

I don't know what building this was on, but I thought it was cool

I had McDonald's for breakfast one morning. Not long after I started eating this meal, a Polish woman walked in and started rambling in polish to me and pointing at my tray. I thought she wanted food, so I offered her some and she kept shaking her head. I had told her I only spoke English. Finally she reached under the wrapper and took my receipt and held it up. I told her it was her. I was so confused, I couldn't figure out what she was going to do with my receipt. Heather told me you have to buy something to use the bathrooms in a public place, so we are guessing that is what she was after. Side note: I thought it would be weird to eat french fries for breakfast. It wasn't, at all.

This picture was painted on the side of a building

I was at an exhibit in the Palace of Culture and Science

This is a view of Warsaw from the top of the Palace

At Hard Rock Cafe

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Their flowers are fall colors

Fryderyk Chopin (pronounced: show-pan) is from Poland and somewhat of a celebrity. The bench I am sitting on has a button that you press and it will play one of Chopin's songs. This is one of many benches. You can do a whole musical bench tour around the city!


Susan "glad to be back in a country where English is mostly spoken" B.

2 comments:

ME said...

Love it all!! Love following all your adventures! Do you know more about the "unknown soldier" thing?

Leanna said...

I loved your post! You are so funny..."me..on bench"..."me in old town"...it was cracking me up. Very cool places you are visiting and very fun experiences you are having...like the old lady wanting your receipt. Just awesome! I love reading about your adventurous life!