Background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mamma Mia!

I have a memory. I'm little. Maybe four. I'm sitting in the front seat of a red station wagon and my mom is driving (we didn't have car seats in my day, nor did we need them). I'm wearing a dress, I don't know what color it is or the pattern, but I have on white Mary-Jane shoes with white ruffled socks. The shoes were bought at Payless and the little girl across the street had the same pair. My right leg is bobbing up and down keeping time to the music coming from the car stereo. The band? ABBA. The song? Dancing Queen. I cannot hear an ABBA song without scanning this memory. Tonight, I went to an ABBA-Sing-A-Long. S-U-P-E-R fun!
My incredibly talented mother made this scarf. It is so warm, and I love it!
Alyssa dressed for the occasion.
Stage right.
Middle of the stage.
It's just not an ABBA sing-a-long without a feather boa.
1000 words.

Susan "THE Dancing Queen" B.

1 comment:

rachelsaysso said...

I've been to A LOT of sing-alongs in my day but now an ABBA sing-along has become my holy grail.