Background

Saturday, February 23, 2013

And The Oscar Goes To...

Speaking of the Academy Awards, I have a still motion that is sure to win an Oscar tomorrow night. Last weekend, Jimmy and I were eating dinner when I grabbed the banana that was between us and held him at banana point. We had a good laugh about it. Don't worry, no one was hurt. Two days later, Tammy became the victim of Jimmy's criminal ways. Luckily, I watch enough Criminal Minds and CSI to know how to handle these situations. That, and I invented the banana gun.

The best part about this still motion was that it actually happened. Before the camera started clicking, this was real life. Jimmy snapped at brunch and held Tammy at banana point. Fortunately, there was a second banana on the table and I was able to control the situation. After a long bout of laughter, Jimmy, brilliantly decided that we needed to capture it on camera. So we did. Here is our recreation:

Jimmy: "GET AWAY! I'LL DO IT! JUST BACK OFF!"
Tammy: "How will the world know of my awesomeness if I've got banana in my hair?"
 Susan: "FREEZE DIRT BAG!"
Jimmy: "GET AWAY! I'LL DO IT! JUST GET AWAY FROM ME"
 Tammy: "please, help me."
Susan: "No one needs to get hurt. Let's just work this out, okay? Look, I'm gonna put my banana down. This doesn't have to end badly."
Jimmy: "SSSHHH! Just let me think, alright!"
 Susan: It's okay, I'm just gonna set my banana down. We can work this out, no one has to get hurt."
Jimmy: NO! I'M NOT GOING BACK! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! I WONT GO BACK!"
Susan: "Let's just talk. This isn't you, Jimmy. You're better than this. Why don't you just lower the banana and we'll work this out. Put the banana down."
Jimmy: "okay, I'm sorry. I'll put my banana down."
Tammy: "WHEW, you don't know how hard it is to get banana out of my hair, not to mention if it got stuck in my giant hoop earrings."

The End
Actors in order of appearance
Jimmy S.
Tammy T.
Susan B.
Banana 1 and 2

Needless to say, this was my favorite brunch of all time.

Susan "I'd like to thank the little people" B.

2 comments:

Camille said...

How did this get snubbed last night by the Academy? Conspiracy!!! I'm going to protest. The acting and portrayal in this is unmatched. Outstanding work everyone.

Susan Bergreen said...

Thank you for your kind words Camille. The truth is, we were in one of those categories that isn't announced on stage. Good thing too, I wouldn't want a repeat of Jennifer Lawrence mishap! Also, I couldn't find my puppy purse to wear to the award show, so best that I just stay home, right?