Background

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blast From the Past

I just finished week four of my second to last semester. I gotta say, I have NOT been very motivated this time around. I don't know if it's the cold and snow or my Senior Essay or what, but I often find myself not wanting to do any school work, not wanting to leave my room. That IS because of the cold. It has been freezing here in London. If I have learned anything about myself while living abroad, it's that I'm a California girl. I only want to be where the sun is. 
 The other day I went jogging through Hyde Park and it was so clear and pretty, I stopped and snapped some photos.


 A few days ago, I got a message from my good friend Julie Dey. It's been years since we have seen each other and she messaged me to say she was coming to London and could we meet up for dinner! I was so excited! I've always loved Julie and enjoyed her company. One of my saving graces here in London, is getting to see friends from back home. It makes me feel whole. 
The two of us and our friend Lara met at an Arabian restaurant near Piccadilly Circus. It was so fun to see them both, I'm only sorry it was for such a short amount of time. Lara has been living in London for the past 12 years and her and Julie have kept in touch, so the three of us made a night of it!

Susan "California Dreamin'" B.

No comments: