Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Copenhagen, Day 2 Hamlets Castle

Day two was just as, if not colder than day one! (Do you sense a pattern?) We took a train to Helsingor to see Kronborg Castle. More on that below. First, my friend Mitchell has a tradition when traveling. He eats at a McDonald's in whatever country he is visiting. So, when we spotted the golden arches on the first day, we knew just where to go for breakfast on the second day.
This picture is a bit deceiving. I'm not that big of a fan of Mickey D's yet here I am, hugging up on the wall like it's an old friend.
That's Mitch ordering in the far right.
This was from the train. I get really excited when I see the ocean. It makes me feel at home. I love the smell of it and sound of water dancing around. Don't let the sunshine fool you. F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G.

On our walk to the castle we came across this little park.

Art imitating art?

Outtake.




The castle is on the upper left corner. It wasn't the prettiest castle, but I'm used to the one's in England, so yeah.
It did have a mote. No crocodiles, but lots of ducks and birds.
Gangs all here! Mitch, Kelly, Beck, Susan.

That duck is walking on frozen water.


Side of the castle.


See the frozen water coming from those pipes?
Here is a closer look.



A little wind.




Courtyard of the castle.
castle wall.

We started our castle tour at the bottom/basement/dungeon area. It was dark and you could buy flashlights to get around, but what is the fun in that? We wandered in the dark and let our camera flashes guide the way.
This guy was creepy. He's not real and the only reason it looks like a normal picture is because my flash lit the area up. He's actually in the dark and it looks like there is a noose around his neck.
So this was in a dark corner of the castle and the other students swear they see a 'face'. Do you?
Sexy/fun picture pose FAIL.


Next week went in the chapel.







I'm in a fireplace. You should see the outtakes from these!
Art on the ceiling.

This was a silhouette motion picture.



I said, "Give me your best Vogue pose" and this is what they did. Amateurs.

This is only part of the painting but look at the communication between the horse and that dude. There is something in the look that they are giving each other.
The ballroom. That is Chris in the blue jacket. He was one of two fearless leaders.
And finally the royal bedroom. Where the magic happened.
To find out more about this castle try here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronborg

Susan "Vogue called, they want their models back" B.

1 comment:

Camille said...

I don't care how cold it was, it looks so beautiful!!!!