Background

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

More Castles

Ever since I moved to this country, I find myself hang out at castles more than I ever thought I would. Who would have thought you can get bored with castles? I guess nothing really compares to England castles. Everything else is just a brick building with a moat.
This picture does not do the view justice! Man this place was so beautiful it was hard to believe it actually existed.

This is part of Doune Castle. It's not used or lived in anymore and you can tour it, but we were there too early in the morning. It hadn't opened for the day yet.



So, it's tradition to not wear underwear when one is sporting a kilt. Whilst in Scotland, I researched this (read: I asked a Scotsman) The reason is this: Kilt's originate back to the 16th century. Underwear had not been perfected then as it has today by Victoria Secret. The reason they don't wear underwear today is because they didn't wear underwear then.




Here is a great story. Seen here is Tracy with Stevie. Stevie is one of the tour guides that drives that bus in the background. Last year, Tracy led the same trip with a different group of Richmond students and Stevie was their tour guide. Sometime during their guide through the Scottish Highlands, Stevie decided he was going to pick up a couple of hitchhikers. This made Tracy and other Americans super nervous. In the US, hitchhikers=serial killers, but in Scotland everyone is family. Anyway she told us this story not knowing Stevie was driving around other kids on the same tour that we were taking and then we happened to bump into him at Doune Castle.

Here I am at what remains of the Inverlochy Castle.




What's up homie?
We ate at this pub, Drover's Inn. Super good food. Look how excited Tracy was!
When you first walk into the pub, it's decorated with taxidermy.



Susan "I see London, I see France, Scottish don't wear underpants" B.

1 comment:

Petite Fleur Studio said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Again, I love your adventures and I wish that someday I can see a fraction of what you've seen. Me and my camera would go bonkers there!