Background

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Copenhagen, Denmark Day 1

This past weekend I visited Copenhagen, Denmark. This was NOT my favorite trip. While Copenhagen is a beautiful, picturesque city, it was too effin cold for this California girl. It was the kind of cold that made your body ache. Best decision I made was to wear my Uggs everyday I was there. I did get to see some sights and the people are super friendly and nice. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if it was warmer weather.
Denmark from the plane.
Occasionally I like to wear red lipstick. It's empowering.
Kelly and Mitchell. Without these guys and Beck, I would not have nearly as much fun as I did. The four of us shared a hostel room and it was like a slumber party every night. Good times.
Beck and I on the train to our hostel.
Notice the 7-11 in the lower left. They are ALL over the place. There are more 7-11's than there are Starbucks! Also present, the golden arches and Burger King. I took this shot from the town square.
I can't remember what this building is, but to the left, out of the shot is Tivoli's, an amusement park which was closed for the winter.
Top of the Civic Center.
Legend is that when a virgin walks past these two, they can be heard blowing their horns.
This is the oldest street in Copenhagen.
I learned on the walking tour that Copenhagen suffered not two but three fires, destroying a lot of the city. Not to worry, they rebuilt. Twice.
I can't remember everything I learned on the tour due to the frigid cold distracting me. Please enjoy the pictures I took around the city.





I thought this was so cool. There is construction going on behind the green wall, but they decorated it with tiny colored glass mirrors that reflect and shimmer.




On the tour we went to see where the Queen lives and where she houses her guests. This is a guest house.

This is where the Queen lives.
This is another guest house,

Queens house.
Copenhagen Opera House.

Cute homes and buildings around the city. Don't let that sun fool you, it was SUPER cold!

The waterfront was really beautiful. 


There was a fierce wind blowing.



Susan "thank-you, come again" B.

No comments: