Background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Scoop On London

I made it to London. I flew out of LAX to Chicago. I had a real hard time saying good-bye to my mom first. I wasn't in Chicago for long. Well, I wasn't in the airport for long. We boarded the plane on time, but then we sat, not moving for about 2 and 1/2 hours. I did get to watch the movies 'Hanna' and 'Something Borrowed'. I liked them both. So, finally we leave the airport and begin our 7 hour flight to Heathrow. I was worried because I didn't know the woman who was picking me up. I kept freaking out because I had no way to contact her and tell her my plane was late. After we landed I breezed through customs and went to find this woman that I had never met. It actually didn't take very long to find her though. She was real sweet. Gave me a hug when we found each other. She didn't know my flight was late until I got there and she stayed and waited for me.




She drove me to school and pointed out some of London along the way. After I got there and checked in and put my stuff in my room, they took us on a walk down the hill to go shopping. Here is what I saw:



This is one of the views from the top of the hill. That is the River Thames (pronounced Tems)






London is very green with lots of trees and old buildings

The River Thames a little closer



This is near the river, the building is a very nice restaurant with a big green field that is part of a park


We walked past this building. I was told that Mick Jagger's ex-wife lives here







This is where we went shopping. It's a street of shops


A closer look


There were nice helpful returning students that carried my bags to my room. When we got to it, they both said that my room is one of the nicer ones.






Window and empty shelves


The side view of my closet where I hang my towel to dry


My dresser and sink




My desk, next to my dresser



The front of my closet


Door on the left: Bathroom Door on the Right: My room


Man, they saw me coming


That's my door




The hallway outside my door



The smallest bed ever!


Can you make out that square on the wall above my bed? It's a cork board. I need pictures. Here is your challenge, should you except it. I would like pictures of all kinds mailed to me so I can hang them on this board. It doesn't have to be of me or you. It can be things that I like. Such at:


Taylor Swift


Derek Jeter


The Simpsons


Cake


Twilight


Books


Team Edward


etc.




Need my address? Email me and I will send it to you. I gave most of you a forwarding address before I left. Let me know if I didn't.






Susan "I emerged in London rain" B.

1 comment:

TammyQ said...

I love it Susan! Thanks for sharing.