Background

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cupcakes in Krakow

After visiting Warsaw, we headed to Krakow. After all the shopping I did, I had to find a suitcase big enough to fit everything into. This one sufficed.




All packed and ready to go at the train station!
Shortly after arriving, we found this charming little cupcake shop that we took advantage of everyday we were there. It's a good thing we did so much walking and only ate twice a day or my pants would not be able to fit!
Mmmmm. By far my favorite part of the trip.



First cupcake: Carmel Apple. Delicious!


Who's a happy camper with her cupcake?



We went on a city tour and this monument was out in front of a cathedral we went in. This lone ranger is actually from New York. I can't remember is name, and if I could, I wouldn't be able to spell it correctly.


Pope John Paul the II. He's very popular around Poland. Since WWII only a small percentage of Jews live in the country. It's mostly Catholics now.













This guy was at the University in Krakow. The story is, if you put your fingers in his mouth and tell a lie, he will bite them off! Also, he's suppose to bring some kind of luck around exam time, so instead of studying and putting forth an effort, students hang around this guy and he helps them pass their exams.




Art in the middle of the square. No, the heads name is not Art. It is Art.
Advertisement in Poland is interesting.






This sweet lady was hanging out in the square as well.
There is a Hard Rock Cafe that I didn't eat at in that brick building.
On far side is mostly restaurants and shops, out of view to the left is a market that we did ALOT of shopping at. Wait for the post on everything that I bought.
Mmmmm. Oreo Cookie Cupcake.
There is actually a fantastic video of me eating a cupcake that one of the girls recorded. If I can get it, I will post it.
Whilst out shopping, I came across these little gems. Krakow represent! No, I did not purchase any.
We went into a pub called Propaganda. This was hanging on the wall.
We went through an underground museum, where this picture was taken. The museum consisted of the building of Krakow and the things they found buried. Heather and I got in trouble after this picture because you are not suppose to use a flash inside.
Vanilla Sprinkle Cupcake. Not my favorite of the week.
But good enough to smile about.
We went to the Salt Mine and outside was a snack bar. I couldn't decide on vanilla or chocolate so I told the guy, 'Gimme the biggest of whatever you got'.
You have to pay to take pictures in the Salt Mine, so one girl from our group took all the shops and will give us copies later. That is why you wont see any on this post.
After the Salt Mine, we went to Schindler's Factory (museum). I really enjoyed it. They had a book store that I bought two books at.
Some of the floor through the Factory.
Best Cupcake of the Year goes to this beauty! Feast your eyes on a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake! YUM!
I devoured that thing quick!
This sign represents every liquor store sign in Poland. I couldn't help but giggle when I saw it. Say it out loud, just like it's spelled. I thought it was funny.







Susan "you can't go wrong with cupcakes" B.

1 comment:

ME said...

That cookie dough cupcake looked AMAZING!!! I want one lol!