Background

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I spy with my London Eye

In continuance of my birthday Jubilee, we went on the London Eye. It was Awesomeness dipped in cool sauce. I am usually scared of heights, and I freaked out a couple of times, but I didn't give into my fears. I can't wait to go on it during the day.

There she is in all her round beauty.


On the Eye, you can see Big Ben between Alice and I.
Opening presents.
Alice got me earrings and the tiara.
Shahida bought this wall hang for me. She knows me so well.
Faith and Coco with the birthday girl.
Whew, getting pretty high.
Here is the gang from left to right: Alice, Shahida, Faith, Cody and Coco.
Now I'm in the picture.
Faith and I.
After the Eye, we went to the Slug and Lettuce where we had some birthday cake.
Coco bought me a Mocktail.


Some fun facts about the London Eye:



  • It took seven years and the skills of hundreds of people from five counties to make the London Eye a reality

  • You can see around 40KM (25 miles) from the top as far as Windsor Castle on a clear day

  • Each rotation takes about 30 minutes, meaning a capsule travels at a stately 26cm per second-twice as fast as a tortoise sprinting!

Susan "I'm almost done celebrating my birthday" B.

1 comment:

TammyQ said...

I'm so envious of you. I have wanted to go on the London eye!