Background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Ham House

Right in my own backyard is an old, creaky mansion called The Ham House. Alice and I found it one day on a walk and the security dude said if we came back on Sept. 17th, everyone can go in for free. It's not just a big old house though. It has this monster garden in the back. This house was used in the movie Never Let Me Go (2010), staring Keira Knightley also based on the best selling novel. Another fun fact: Keira Knightley was born in Richmond, the city I now call home.


Creepy right? It's supposedly haunted by some old lady and her dog. Patrons have claimed to see the two of them running through the corridors.
See this hill? Alice and I ran up it. It was a beast.On our walk to Ham House, we found a couple of horses hanging out. Doesn't it look like this horse is wearing a toupee?We found a tree with a giant hole in it. Alice said, "I dare you to get in the tree." I'm not one to back down from a dare.This is the back of the Ham HouseThis is a small part of the garden.Don't mind if I do.I think I saw the White Rabbit run through here.I want to make-out in this gazebo.I love this tree.This is inside the house. Most of the shots didn't come out too well because they ask you to turn off your flash.My favorite room.Another part of the garden.A little path on the way out to the house.Alice used iphoto to pretty up some pictures.Alice.A closer look at the outside wall.On my walk back, I saw this cute little old couple, sitting by the river's edge, just hanging out.








Too cute.

Susan "I double dog dare you" B.

1 comment:

Lindsay De La Cerda said...

wow what a walk... the Ham House is so beautiful! It looks pretty peaceful. It is so cool to see all your pictures. Helps live vicariously through you. :)