Background

Monday, September 5, 2011

My First Day At Uni

Remember your first day of kindergarten? Your mom took a picture of you with your backpack just before she sent you off into the wild. I don't recall ever seeing one of me. So, I took this opportunity to take one. The above picture is me on my first day of Uni or University as the English like to call it. I have learned other words and facts the first week of being here. Let's go over some of them.
School= where small children go to learn
Secondary= junior high
High School= freshman and sophomore year
College= junior and senior year
Uni /University= University
I have learned other words that don't have to do with schooling. I will type the word and then under it use it in a sentence. Here they are:
Bit: piece or section
I am going to eat this bit of pie.
Knickers: underwear
The Queen wears polka dotted knickers
Knackered: tired
Prince Harry looks knackered after a night out on the town.
I'm a little unsure on that last word. I think I got it right though. I also learned that all the swans in the U.K. are property of the Queen. You cannot eat or kill them. She will cut off your head if you do. Ok, she wont cut off your head, but something bad will happen.

Susan "Off with your head!" B.

3 comments:

catherine said...

I love reading your posts. What an incredible person you are.
catherine "jealous" G.

Lisa Ryan said...

Susan your blogs are great! I have been laughing out loud reading them!

Darlene said...

Holy Moly, I will definitely not eat the swans! :)