Background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

London Temple

England is on military time. I have to think really hard about what time it is after 12:00 noon. It's something I am still getting used to. One of my first purchases was an alarm clock (can't be late for class). It too is military time so that helps a little. I always that that 12:00 o'clock midnight was 24:00. Not here. It goes to zero. This is my alarm clock at 12:14 a.m.Sorry, it's not a very good picture, but you get the gist of it.

This beautiful building is the London Temple. It's not at all in London.



This sweet girl is Alyssa. She is one of the first people I contacted before I moved over here. She helped me acclimate and get my groundings. What a wonderful friend to have!

This little pond is in front of the temple. See those two little kids? Times them by 100. After you are done inside the temple, the majority of people congregated out in front. Some brought picnics, others were just chatting and sitting in the sun.


Susan "what time is it?" B.

2 comments:

Leanna said...

Hey Susan...it is Leanna from a long time ago. I saw on facebook that you started on a blog for your new adventure...and I love following it. What an amazing thing it is that you live in London! So happy for you! Makes every day seem special living there...doesn't it? I loved exploring Santiago when we lived in Chile. It was fantastic to be a live in tourist!

Susan Bergreen said...

Leanna, it wasn't that long ago! I'm so glad you read my blog and thank you for commenting. I love comments! I have been reading about your adventures as well.