Background

Friday, September 16, 2011

Tower of London? More like Tower of Terror Part 1

Guess who turned 7 today? This big kid! My handsome nephew, Eric. I did my own celebrating in his honor.The Birthday Boy!Ok, I went into central London all by myself! Yeah me! All my friends have classes on Friday and I do not. So, Tower of London was where I headed. I tried to get a picture of the tower from the street and a nice woman that was walking by offered to take a picture of me. That's part of the Tower behind me.
I took over 50 pictures, so this is going to be a two part post and you only get to see the highlights.
First, I love cobblestone streets.
I always start all of my outings by going to the bathroom. Festive, isn't it?


Just outside the restroom was this cute phone booth.
This is the White Tower.
There are 3 levels and it has replicas of armor, horses, weapons etc. inside.






This is the tower where the Crown Jewels are kept. You cannot take pictures inside, but let me say this, there was more bling in there than Kanye West, Jay-Z or Snoop could shake a gold ringed finger at.


This is part of the tower that protects the mote. See the replica of the protecter on the left?

I went on a Yeoman Warder (also known at "beefeaters") guided tour. This chick was my beefeater. Fun fact: if you marry a beefeater, you can get married at The Tower of London. Also, she, amongst others, live at the Tower of London.

This guy was standing outside the Crown Jewel Tower. At first, I wasn't sure if he was real. He stood so still.

Another side of the White Tower.



This is the Queen's House.

This guy was marching back and forth in front of the Queen's House. This is where the Queens used to live.

My favorite story was of Ann Bolin. She was beheaded here. Some of the charges against here included adultry, witch craft and laughing at the King's clothes. Just before the executioner beheaded Ann, she knelt in prayer. Legend says that at the point, the executioner was so quick and swift with his double edge sword, that when he held her head up, her lips were still moving in prayer.

No comments: