Background

Thursday, October 3, 2019

One, Two, Freddy's Coming For You

Write a list of your favorite horror movies.

Ha! I'm such a chicken when it comes to scary movies. I always have been. I LOVE watching horror movies in theory. One of my favorite scary shows to watch is American Horror Story BUT I can only watch it when the sun is out AND I have to watch a comedy chaser afterward.

Growing up I was lucky to have two older brothers who "forced" me to watch scary movies. Maybe it's why I'm traumatized and still a scaredy-cat. I like all the classics and a few of the new ones. So, in no particular order and a little explanation, here they are:

1. Friday the 13th - I watched this as a child with my brothers. I thought I was pretty cool but I was low-key terrified.

2. Nightmare On Elm Street - I watched the OG with the brothers but there was one time when I was thirteen I watched one by myself, in the daylight of course. As a result I had to sleep on the floor in my parent's room for the next two nights because I was scared to go to sleep.

3. Halloween - Another classic introduced to me by my brothers. Today, I really enjoy the music.

4. It - !00% the reason I have a clown phobia. Yes, my brothers made me watch it. I still watch it every time it comes on t.v. I'm not as scared of the original as I used to be but, the new It: Chapter One and Chapter Two, well I actually screamed out loud during Chapter One while in the movie theater and I had my eyes closed A LOT for Chapter Two so there's that.

5. Zombieland - My absolute favorite! It's got the walking dead and laughs around every corner. I am really excited for Zombieland Double Tap to come out this month. If you haven't seen the first movie, do yourself a favor and watch it. You will not be disappointed.

I drew this on my chalkboard at work.

6. Children of the Corn - I watched this as a child too...with my brothers. I really had something to prove.

7. Scream - But only the first one. I went on a date to the drive-in to see this one. Good times.

8. The Shining - Classic.

9. The Blair Witch Project - I didn't see this one in the theater however, I did watch it alone on Halloween night right after it had come out. I literally slept with the lights on and my door open for two weeks straight. It terrified me. I have not seen it since then.

10. Poltergeist - All of them. I really related to Caroline Ann. We were both little blond girls.

What is your favorite scary movie? Tell me in the comments.

Susan "You'll Float Too" B.

No comments: