Background

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Joy Of Painting

I didn't exactly grow up watching Bob Ross, but I remember seeing him on t.v. and as an adult I can appreciate him more than I did as a child. What's that saying? The good die young. Bob Ross was one of the best. If you are not familiar with him or his work or The Joy of Painting, you are doing yourself a disservice. And that hair! Swoon! So when I found out that a local painting studio was celebrating Bob Ross' birthday (20 days early) I did not hesitate to sign up.

This is painted in a bathroom stall.

I never like my paintings when I'm sitting in the studio comparing it to the paintings around me, the original painting or the instructor's painting. But then I get it home and it grows on me. I actually like what I've done. I felt pretty good about my painting throughout the class. I needed a little help from the instructor at the end to clean up some edges but other than that it came out pretty good.

The final masterpiece.

I enjoy many artistic outlets. Drawing with chalk, painting, writing, doodling, at work I get to create social media posts and images. It's something that I really love about my job. I like being able to use that part of my brain.

Complete with happy little trees.

Yeah. I had it framed. I think Bob would have been proud.

Susan "Just beat the devil out of it" B.

No comments: