Background

Friday, January 27, 2017

My Heroes

A letter to your idol, hero or someone you look up to.

This letter is ridiculously hard to write. I'm trying not to have repeat recipients. The truth is, I don't really "idolize" anyone. I look up to everyone, cause I'm only 5'1". Ba duh da! I'm here all week folks, try the veal! Also, I try really hard to be my own person without outside influences. But that doesn't mean that I don't have people in my life that I admire, or yes, look up to.

So, to narrow down who to write to, I asked myself, "who would I want by my side during the Zombie Apocalypse?" Well, of course, my family, cause I know they'll have my back and we're pretty much like the Incredibles when it comes to fighting crime/zombies. More specifically, both my sisters-in-law.


Dear Christa and Abby,

You are both strong, courageous, smart, funny ladies and both my brothers hit the jackpot when they married the two of you. I see the sacrifices you make for your families and for your friends. You are both well-rounded and dependable.

I've learned so much from both of you. I learned to be generous with my tolerance and love for others. I learned to be more gracious and grateful. I learned that it's so fun and I love to receive and send hand written thank-you notes. We've shared recipes, home-remedies, laughs and tears.

You both have everything that I want in life. I admire and I'm in awe of the incredible patience you have with your children (and my brothers). The two of you make me aspire to be a better person.

So, thank you and I love you.

Susan

Susan "Double Tap" B.

No comments: