Background

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Scientology, Not For Me

Write a letter of you choice.

I've been watching the Leah Remini show about Scientology religiously (see what I did there?) since it first aired. It has been brains-on-the-wall mind blowing! The first couple of episodes contained information that I had learned from the HBO documentary that released a year or two ago. I was a little disappointed thinking she had created a series with information that can be found anywhere. But, the more I watched it, the more mind blown I become.

It made me think about my own religion. Every episode I would think, "Am I in a cult and in denial about it?" Then, Leah would reveal some absurd tidbit about how The Church of Scientology (TCS) would force Sea Org members to have abortions. Or, children as young as 12 years old being taken away from their parents and taken out of school, living on their own. My religion is so not into that. In fact I kept thinking "Wow, my beliefs are the exact opposite than TCS."

Now, I'm not one to knock any ones religious beliefs. Please, have you ever studied the LDS religion? I know what it sounds like. So for my next letter I want to write it to Leah Remini. Not to put down a religion she belonged to for 35 years but to offer a little love and hope.



Dear Mrs. Remini,

What a wild ride you've been on, being a part of TCS and then leaving it. It seems you have faced many difficult trials in life. However, you seem to be taking everything in stride. You seem to be gaining strength from a tough situation. Kudos to you. It must be so disconcerting, realizing that something you believed your whole life was not what you thought it was. I bet that shook you to your core.

Well, I think you are very brave, strong and an admirable person. You've stood your ground and you continue to help others and educate as many as possible. That takes a lot of courage. It is my hope that you find solace and peace. Remember that it's not over, until everything is okay. And it will be. One day it will be okay for you.

If I could, I would give you a really big hug! It seems like you need one. Also, you tend to cuss like a construction worker. I'm not judging, but, a group of sailors called and you offended them. No, I'm just kidding.

yours,

Susan - Your new Mormon friend who is not trying to convert you.

Susan "I Never Liked Tom Cruise" B.

No comments: