Background

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

That's What Friends Are For

Write a letter to your friends as a whole.

Dear friends,

When I was in high school, I was convinced that my friends were just as important to me as my family and there was no way on God's green earth that there would ever come a day that I would not be friends with my friends. Sadly, it just wasn't true. As much as I would love to have remained friends with everyone, life doesn't always give us what we want.

Not too long ago I was watching my old dance recitals. As I sat and watched, a flood of emotions, mostly loyalty, overcame me. I started to wonder about each of the girls that had made such a huge impact on my life. We spent hours dancing, laughing, whispering, confiding in one another. It made me a little sad that I hadn't seen or talked to most of them for years. I don't even know where some of the are now.

While I'm sad for the friendships that I no longer have, it makes me so appreciative of the ones that I do. Some of my friends I've known since I was in elementary school. The friends that I have in my life now entered at different stages and have stuck around despite that sometimes I'm bossy. I love cake more than most people. I have a tendency to wave life Forrest Gump and every once in a while when I get excited, I reach high school cheer leading captain energy. I'll try to reel it in.

As I've gotten older I now have the knowledge and wisdom to be able to decipher my true friends with my fair weather friends. To be honest, I love them both. Now I have friends across the globe. I miss my London friends. I know we are all scattered now, but there isn't a day that I don't think about you fondly. I hope this world throws us back together.

I want to say 'thank you' to all my friends, old and new. You have all helped to make my life colorful, fun, sentimental and beautiful. I love you all.



xoxo

Susan

Susan "Keep Smiling, Keep Shining" B.

No comments: