Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Letter To My Best Friend(s)

This is tough. Todays assignment is a letter to my best friend. That implies that I have only one. The truth is I have more than one so this letter is to ALL my besties.

Dear BFsF,

I hope this letter doesn't embarrass any of you. Or I hope you are utterly humiliated and this becomes another one of those things that years from now we talk too loudly about in a public place and then laugh until it's uncomfortable for the strangers around us.

Each one of you has a special place in my heart (yack!). Okay, for real. Here is the thing. When I'm with any of you at any given time, it is the funnest. Our inside jokes are by far my favorite and if I had a nickle for every time one us said "Why don't more people want to hang out with us? We are so fun/great/funny!", I could afford to buy my own home.

I like schedules and structure and reliability in life. Having best friends like you gives me that. I know that I can rely on anyone of you to help me bury a body or bail me out of jail or be the person sharing the cell with me. Your friendships are priceless antiques.

I feel grateful daily to have you in my life. To know that I can count on you and you in turn can count on me provides me comfort. Thank you for never judging me, for asking me if I'm okay before you laugh at me for falling down, for being unapologetically honest, for forgiving me when I'm being a boob and for keeping me cool.

I am in the process of making matching bracelets for all of us!

xoxo

Susan





Susan "Your BFF Payment Is In The Mail" B.

No comments: