Background

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Creature Of Habit

Write a letter to your worst habit.

As far as habits go, I don't have many. I crack my knuckles, I grind my teeth when I sleep and I say "dude" more times than one should in a conversation. I actually looked up the meaning of the word, habit, to make sure I knew what one was.

a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up. -Google

What interested me more were the synonyms listed: custom, practice, routine, wont, pattern, convention, way, norm, tradition.

I am the epitome of most of these words. I love having a routine. You could, literally, set your watch by me. That makes me sad. I should do something to shake things up in my life. So, okay, worst habit.


Dear Routine Susan,

Oh, hey! So I see you are keeping your schedule predictable. Here's an idea. Get a new schedule. Try a change of scenery. Maybe start little. Instead of eating grapes at 9:15am, try eating yogurt at 9:30am. Dont' be scared to mix it up!

I know, I know. You are doing the best you can. I understand that. Adult life sucks. Just try to enjoy it more. Here's a challenge: walk into an airport and buy a ticket to anywhere. Don't plan it, just do it. Don't over think this. Do it.

Send me a postcard,

Unpredictable You

Susan "Can't Kick The Habit" B.

No comments: