Background

Saturday, January 21, 2017

I Believe The Children Are Our Future

A letter to your children (or future children or children in general).

Dear future children,

On more than one night, I have dreamt of you. I know you are real. I know there are three of you and I know that one day, I will be your mom. Now, it may seem to others that the baby ship has sailed for me. Don't you worry. It hasn't. I'm still a spring chicken and I will bring you into this world no matter my age as long as I am physically possible. I love you that much already. Just from the dreams that I've had about you.

The world can be a scary place, but remember I'll be here to guide you and help you make tough decisions. There will days, weeks, maybe even years where you feel beat down and picked a part. When that happens, I will be your rock. You never have to feel alone, lonely or defeated. What ever the world throws at you, I will be there for you.

Did you know that children are innately curious? Children constantly question the world around them. How and why things work, where things come from and why things exist. It's important to hold steadfast to that curiosity. You should always question what people tell you. Question authority and question the world and it's intricacies. Never take 'beacuse' for an answer.

Never stop learning. There may come a day where you would rather veg in front of T.V. or space out when being told something valuable. It's understandable. Just know that everything new you do, makes you smarter. Learning is not confined to text books. Go outside and look at things you never noticed. Make it a point to travel the world and meet new people from different places. Learn how others live their lives.

Don't be afraid to talk to strangers. At the very least, smile at them. Don't share personal information, but ask them how their day is. Be cautious, but also, be trusting. Most importantly, be kind. You will learn that no one lives the same way. Everyone is trying to make their own mark on the world. Be respectful and supportive.

One day you will have to make a lot of decision about who you are, who you want to be and what you want to do with your life. It is good to have a plan but keep in mind that more than likely, life will not turn out how you plan for it to. It does not make you a failure, it makes you stronger. Be flexible, but be determined.

Dream big. You are my child. Which means, you are probably fierce, stubborn and headstrong. Use those attributes to your advantage. If you are none of these, that's okay too. You will have the tools you need to do great things.


A few things I want you to expect from me. I will never judge you. No matter what kind of trouble you get in, I will help you as lovingly as I can. I will bake you cookies and throw you outrageous birthday parties. If you want to watch The Simpson, you most certainly can. I will watch them with you. I will push you on the swings and hold your hair back when you are sick. I will wake you up in the middle of the night and take you to Denny's for an ice cream sundae. I will cheer the loudest at your sports games and be the team mom. I will guide you to your father when you have a bloody nose, cause to be honest, those are an enigma to me. I have absolutely no idea what to do when someone has a bloody nose and also it's gross. But after, I will ask you if your okay and wash the blood out of your shirt if needed.

I love you and I can't wait to meet you. Please don't give up on me.

xoxo

Mommy

Susan "I Love You Forever" B.

No comments: