Background

Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Story Of Us

For my next letter, I am to write to a celebrity I like.

Dear Taylor Swift,

Can I call you T-Swizzle? Look, the thing is, since first listening to Love Story, I have felt that you have a direct line to my romantic alter ego. Since I'm not in a relationship I tend to suppress that personality. BUT, when I listen to your music and belt it out to a live audiance on the 15 freeway like they paid to hear it, it is as though your lyrics are my own.

Then I found out my nieces also liked you and your music and BAM! It became a gateway for a strong, unshakable (see what I did there?) bond. The first time I bought three tickets to your concert, I almost had to sell my soul to the devil to pay off the debt. But then the three of us were in the middle of the Staple Center, looking up in awe and rocking out like stars and I glanced down and saw my nieces singing every word to your songs, and it all became worth it.

We have a lot in common! I too love to bake, and sparkly things, red lipstick, hanging my purse on my forearm, parties, and acting like a thug. Also, I would never turn down the chance at a dance party. Any dance party. Solo, with friends, with strangers, with strangers and friends. It's all a good time in my book.

I admire you. That's actually saying a lot considering I have an aversion to celebrities. I'm not one to get caught up in the star struck sillieness of it all. But, for some reason, your story is so inspiring and if I ever met you in person, I might cry. I have been one of your biggest defenders for years now and unless I find out you drown puppies for sport, I got your back girl.

Hey if you want to hang out sometime, I could probably swing it. Let me know.

Love, love love,

Susan


http://teylors.tumblr.com/post/101383770817

Susan "THANK YOU, INLAND EMPIRE!" B.

No comments: